8th YPP Fourth Session - Day 5Read More
PILDAT Launches Youth Provincial Assembly Punjab
8th YPP 4th session ends with selection of top 15 Members on Open Merit
Youth Standing Committees present their reports in the House today for suggestions
Youth Parliament Pakistan Members tour the Senate of Pakistan
Members elect Committee Chairs at the Youth Parliament Pakistan session today
8th Youth Parliament Pakistan Fourth session starts from today
Top 15 enter the 5th session of 8th Youth Parliament Pakistan
The fourth day ends with Youth Standing Committee presenting reports on the floor of the House
Federal Govt. committed to affordable broadband access to interior Balochistan, FATA, AJK & GB
Youth Standing Committees elect Chairpersons
Under a revised model, renowned experts &
veteran politicians were invited...See More
YOUTH PARLIAMENT PAKISTAN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
In view of the desire of the Members of the
First Batch of Youth Parliament Pakistan...
We at PILDAT, as the Secretariat of Youth
Parliament Pakistan look forward to...See More
To engage the Pakistani youth in healthy discourse and expose them to the democratic process and practices, PILDAT launched the project of first-ever Youth Parliament Pakistan (YPP) in 2007. Members of YPP are selected for a duration of one year during which they meet for five, one-week terms. The first batch of Youth Parliament Pakistan was selected in 2007 and from thereon, the Youth Parliament has had seven batches so far in 2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
The specific objectives of the YPP are to groom the leadership potential of the Youth of Pakistan and to provide them with an opportunity to:
1. Understand the Political System of Pakistan
2. Understand the Values and Culture of Democracy
3. Learn to be tolerant of all viewpoints
1. The Youth Parliament project is conceived and implemented by the Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development And Transparency - PILDAT. Its current term is supported by the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Government of Denmark.
2. The 8th YPP will have a life of approximately one year while its 4 Batches will meet for five day sessions in Islamabad. The 5th and final session of the 8th batch will bring together the most promising members from 4 batches of the 8th YPP, based on an objective and transparent evaluation criteria.
The 8th batch of Youth Parliament Pakistan will have an enhanced role of the Youth Standing Committees and will focus on review of critical policy. Five (5) Youth Standing Committees of the Youth Parliament for each of the 4 sessions will focus on the following issues:
Former Chairperson, Youth Standing Committee on National Security & Foreign Relations
Saad Shaukat Elahi
Former Member Youth Parliament Pakistan, Fourth Session
Syed Muhammad Mustafa Rizvi
Former Chairperson, Youth Standing Committee on Finance