Following is the process of application and selection for Youth Parliament Pakistan Membership:
- Advertisement in nationwide editions of English and Urdu daily newspapers of the country, PILDAT website and other means of dissemination.
- Submission of the Expression of Interest by interested candidates, online or by post.
- Internal review of Expressions of Interest and short-listing for Interviews
- Interview calls to short-listed candidates.
- Selection Interviews by the Youth Parliament Steering Committee
- Selection Calls and Invitations for becoming Members of the Youth Parliament
To be eligible for membership in YPP, the young Pakistanis must be:
- Either citizen of Pakistan, holding a valid NIC or Overseas Pakistanis holding valid documentation.
- Be 18 to 29 years of age on January 01, 2016.
- Be able to read and write in Urdu.
- Hold no criminal record here or abroad.
The young Pakistanis, while submitting their Expressions of Interest, are expected to demonstrate the following:
- An avid interest in understanding politics and learning about democratic governance.
- A desire to conduct fact-based and cogent review of State policies and programmes and willingness to contribute youth perspective on critical issues facing Pakistan.