- The Youth Parliament Pakistan project is conceived and implemented by Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development And Transparency- PILDAT (www.pildat.org). Its current batch is supported by the Danish International Development Agency, Government of Denmark.
- The 8th Youth Parliament will give young members a fast-paced comprehensive orientation and training on democratic and political affairs of Pakistan, legislative processes and leadership skills.
- YPP has a life of approximately one year while its 4 Sessions meet for six days in Islamabad. The 5th and final session brings together the most promising members from the 4 sessions of each batch, based on an objective and transparent evaluation criteria.
- Sessions 1- 4 covers training and skill building under a standardised curriculum as well as debate and presentations of policy recommendations by the young members. A new batch of 60 people are called in for each of the first four sessions.
- Each of the first four sessions have four fixed areas of policy review. Participants are intimated the themes for their respective sessions beforehand, and are expected to participate in the session with prepared recommendations.
- Only best performing MYPs, selected through a transparent evaluation process from the first four sessions get an opportunity to compete for a possible in country, regional or international study visit.
- Total membership of Youth Parliament Pakistan is to 240.
- The Parliamentary Sessions are patterned after the National Assembly of Pakistan in terms of its Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business.
- The age of members are between 18 to 29 years as on January 01, 2016.
- An independent Selection Committee finalises selection for membership of the Youth Parliament Pakistan based on an objective, merit-based criteria. Any applicant or a person on his/her behalf approaching PILDAT or the Selection Committee directly or indirectly to influence the selection process stand disqualified.
- Media is invited to cover the proceedings of Youth Parliament through a Press Gallery.
- The Youth Parliament has a Visitors' Gallery where general public observe its proceedings after obtaining passes from the Youth Parliament Secretariat.
- A change in the key features may be made by PILDAT at any time without any advance notice. However, an effort will be made to provide sufficient notice about the change to the concerned persons.
Number of Seats based on Geographical Division Across Pakistan
|No.||Province / Region||No. of Seats for Each of the 4 Sessions||Total No. of Seats in the 8th YPP (4 Session)|
|2||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP)||07||28|
|5||Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)||02||08|
|6||Islamabad Capital Territory||02||08|
|7||Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK)||02||08|
|8||Gilgit Baltistan (GB)||02||08|