ABOUT YOUTH PARLIAMENT
Terms & Conditions of the 17th Youth Parliament Pakistan
- The 17th Youth Parliament will consist of youth representatives from all the constituencies of Pakistan and the constituencies of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan and Overseas Pakistanis with a total of 300 members.
- Two alternate members will be selected for each seat of the 17th Youth Parliament Pakistan.
- The term of the 17th Youth Parliament will be that of 1 year with a number of online activities and one 5-day residential session to be held in-person at Serena Hotel, Islamabad.
- Online activities will range from Courses, Engagement with thought leaders, Participation in focus-group discussions, Engagement with representatives of Federal and Provincial governments, Engagement with Parliamentarians, Committee Chairs, Provincial Legislators, Provincial Assembly Committees both in Pakistan and other countries, Engagement with the counterparts in Youth Parliaments and similar bodies in the region (South Asia and Asia) and around the Globe, Opinion surveys, Formation of Subject committees and Development of Policy recommendations especially those directly relating to Youth for Government, Engagement with the Election Commission etc.
- The age of members would be between 18 and 29 years as of January 01, 2022.
- The YPP Secretariat will finalise selection of members. Criteria for selection is given in the following section. After the received EoIs are shortlisted, candidates will be finalised and notified via email.
- Women, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and young Pakistanis belonging to underprivileged areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A registration fee of Rs. 1000/$6/£5 will be charged for every applicant. You may pay online via our website by credit/ debit card or via bank draft.
- All selected members will be invited to attend a number of online sessions without paying any additional fees.
- Some activities including the in-person session will have separate fees which will be announced closer to the date of the activity.
- Members will be given special discounts and preference to participate in the paid sessions.
- YPP Secretariat may aid members to gain sponsorships to attend paid sessions where applicable.
- Some of the programme proceedings of the YPP may be placed on the website as a record and may also be televised.
- A change in the terms and conditions may be made by PILDAT at any time without any advance notice. However, an effort will be made to provide sufficient notice about the change to the concerned persons.
- Candidates are requested to write their original answers in the EoI. The assessment process will undertake plagiarism tests and in case of plagiarised content, the EoI will be rejected.